2010-02-09

Waiting …

My carelessness or letting chaos into my life (see entry January 29) gives me some more days in Edmonton. I can't do anything but wait at the moment. My application forms for a new passport have been sent to Ottawa so there is nothing to be done before the new passport arrives. I went to the newly renovated Art Gallery of Alberta (AGA) near Churchill Square and had a look at the controversial Degas exhibition of dancers and horses, called "Figures in Motion". I was quite fascinated by a modern installation on the second floor of the museum, called The Murder of Crows. This installation consists mainly of chairs and loudspeakers, and you hear a voice through a gramophone retelling three dreams or rather nightmares. Words and silences are combined with different kinds of music and noises. Fascinating! Then I went to Churchill Square, took some photos (the one you can see is called "Lunch break") and went window shopping, which ended in actually buying two books, a new PJ, a T-shirt and a pair of shoes. Ridiculous, I know, but it cheered me up. Home by LRT. Sandwiches as lunch. Meanwhile my wife and son have arrived in NY, where they went to Fatty Crab - a place at Upper West Side that offers Malaysian 'inspired cuisine', where customers eat with their hands. Central Park, Broadway, Times Square ... you name it. I wish I were there.

P.S. Today I heard their flight to Frankfurt has been cancelled. Hard luck. Once you let chaos into your life ...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen