2010-01-23

Plagiarism

When I was surfing the Internet to find information about Asian Students here at UoA, I incidentally came upon a site called Why students plagiarize? Having had a few (minor) cases myself recently, I wonder why this happens and so I had a look at this site. (There are useful handouts for students by the way, which you may want to have a look at.) I do not know whether a similar site exists at our university (will check, though). To publish guidelines could be helpful. I know that in Austria guidelines are there to bypass but one should at least try.
Talking of Asian students: I haven't yet found out how many Asian students there are at UoA. There exists a Department of East Asian Studies with e.g. a combined BA major in Chinese and Japanese. Or what about an MA in Japanese Cultural Studies?
European Universities seem to neglect Asian studies, as the whole European market seems to ignore China at the moment. Yes, of course, you can do a BA/MA in Sinology in Vienna, and you can even do Chinese and Japanese at the isi>> in Innsbruck. But that's not much in comparison to here. Below you find something interesting to read that may also serve as an example of how to write a seminar paper: Behavior of Chinese Students at Academic Libraries
Enough for now: I'm off to the Farmers' Market.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen