2010-01-19

Strathcona

On Monday night I went to the cinema and saw "A Single Man". I was sort of catapulted back into the early sixties. Not only did the film play when the Cuba crisis took the world's breath, but also the cinema took my breath away - a movie theatre right out from the late fifties. Seats in red velvet, a shirred gold curtain ... and the audience in their fifties. After the film I walked back to campus. This took me through funky Whyte Avenue, which definitely seems the place to go: lots of restaurants, pubs, shops, book stores ... and everything in my nearest neighbourhood.

The film, by the way, was adapted from Christopher Isherwood's novel with the same title. If you like movies playing in America in the 1950s/60s, you may want to watch the trailer.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen